Frequently Asked Questions for Nursing Schools
Have questions about NSO’s professional liability coverage for schools? We’ve got you covered. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions section where we review some of the most common inquiries you may have about our coverage.
- How do I apply for coverage?
- Does NSO offer coverage to allied health programs?
- Are there any discounts available to schools?
- Should students obtain their own individual professional liability coverage?
- How do I obtain individual applications for my students?
1. How do I apply for coverage?
To apply for professional liability coverage offered through NSO for schools, simply download, print and complete the following application:
School Blanket Professional Liability Insurance Occurrence Application (753 KB)
Once you've completed the 3-page form, mail it along with all supporting documents to:
Nurses Service Organization
159 E. County Line Road
Hatboro, PA 19040
Or fax your application with all supporting documents to 1-800-701-1986. To speak with a NSO service associate, please call 1-800-986-4627 or email us at email@example.com
2. Does NSO offer coverage to allied health programs?
Yes. NSO offers coverage for many allied healthcare programs under one policy. If your school’s allied programs have separate coverage, you may want to consider consolidating them under one plan.
3. Are there any discounts available to schools?
Yes. We currently offer schools a Claim-Free Discount and a Size of School Discount. To determine your school’s eligibility, please fill out the application and NSO will review it for appropriate discount opportunities.
4. Should students obtain their own individual professional liability coverage?
Yes. It’s important for nursing students to get in the habit of maintaining their own professional liability policy – which may be required by the facility where they are practicing. Students should also be aware that when they enter the workforce, there could be gaps in coverage provided by their employer.
5. How do I obtain individual applications for my students?
To obtain professional liability applications for your students, please call us at 1-800-986-4627 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.