Welcome Independent Brokers!
Nurses Service Organization (NSO) has a long history of providing professional liability insurance designed for nursing professionals. We offer your clients broad coverage and competitive pricing, while offering brokers competitive commissions and best-in-class service.
Who is NSO?
NSO is a trade name of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of the world’s largest insurance broker, Aon plc (NYSE: AON). NSO and its broker partners benefit from Aon’s reputation in the industry and vast resources.
What services does NSO provide?
NSO functions as a managing general underwriter. Our carrier partner, CNA, has given us the authority to underwrite, bind, and issue policies. We also provide customer service to your clients, and issue billings and late and lapse notices. CNA manages all claims.
How do I start working with NSO?
To learn how you can start earning commissions selling the Professional Liability Insurance Program offered through NSO to your clients, please call 1-800-247-1500 or email us at email@example.com.
Who is eligible for the Professional Liability Insurance Program offered through NSO?
Individual nursing professionals:
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Home Health Aides
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
- Nurses’ Aides
- Nurse Practitioners
- Nursing Students
- Registered Nurses (RN)
Geriatric Care Management
Home Health Care
Legal Nurse Consulting
Nurse Practitioner Clinics
Highlights of the Professional Liability Insurance Program offered through NSO:
- Professional Liability limits up to $1 million each claim/$6 million annual aggregate.
- New Enterprise Privacy Protection Endorsement available to insure firms for a potential privacy injury claim or privacy event. Provides coverage for Privacy Injury liability, legal expenses, forensic services, privacy event expenses, notification costs, and credit monitoring services.
- Important extensions of coverage, including License Protection, Sexual Abuse/Misconduct, and more. (See Product page.)
- NSO and CNA have worked together for more than 30 years helping to protect nursing professionals. Your clients benefit from the expertise gained after our years of collaboration.
- NSO works with CNA to continually update the policy to help ensure coverage is current with your clients’ needs.
- CNA delivers responsive, reliable claim service. If necessary, CNA will appoint an experienced defense counsel to represent your client, and will go to great lengths, such as hiring prominent expert witnesses, to protect your clients’ interests.
- The NSO website includes self-service functions that allow your clients to pay online.
- NSO and its sister organization, Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO), are endorsed by more than 70 professional associations. (See Partners page.)
- In 2012, NSO and CNA released their 2rd Nurse Practitioner Claim Report, and in 2011 their 2nd Nurses Claim Report, providing nursing professionals with vital statistical data derived from customer claims, along with recommendations that can help your clients manage their risks.