Nursing Resources on the Web
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants -
The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC) is a not for profit membership organization dedicated to the professional enhancement and growth of registered nurses practicing in the specialty of legal nurse consulting.
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys -
Serves as a resource network and support group for nurse attorneys and educates the public on matters of nursing, health care, and the law.
- The American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners -
The American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners (AANLCP) is a non-profit professional nursing association founded in 1998. AANLCP recognizes the Nurse Life Care Planner as the Registered Nurse who assesses, identifies issues and plans for appropriate interventions, implementation and evaluation in the Nurse Life Care Planning process. AANLCP promotes education, collegiality, collaboration, research, and standards as they relate to the practice of Nurse Life Care Planning. We believe nurses should take an active role in education and the certification process and support certification through the Certified Nurse Life Care Planners Certification Board (CNLCPCB).
- American Association of Occupational Health Nurses-
Professional association for registered nurses who provide on-the-job health care for the nation's workers. Contains membership, conference and educational information, job postings and discussion boards.
- American Holistic Nurses Association -
Organization seeks to provide vision, direction and leadership for the advancement of holistic nursing practice and to support the practice through education, research and standards.
- American Nephrology Nurses' Association -
The mission of the American Nephrology Nurses' Association (ANNA) is to advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for patients with kidney disease through advocacy, scholarship, and excellence. ANNA provides the highest quality educational products, programs, and services for its membership of registered nurses and other health care professionals at all levels of practice.
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association -
Membership organization that provides leadership to promote psychiatric-mental health nursing, to improve mental health care for culturally diverse individuals, families, groups and communities and to shape health policy for the delivery of mental health services.
- California Association for Nurse Practitioners -
A statewide organization for Nurse Practitioners dedicated to enhancing the profession through education and improving the health care system through involvement in legislative issues.
- Case Management Society of America -
An international, non-profit organization dedicated to the support and development of the profession of case management through educational forums, networking opportunities and legislative involvement.
- Convenient Care Association -
The CCA's mission is to strengthen and advance the Convenient Care model of health care. In addition to coordinating industry activities, the CCA develops and publishes quality and safety standards for the industry. Under these standards, which all CCA Members are required to meet, patients are assured timely, accurate treatment from qualified health care professionals.
- Emergency Nurses Association -
An international, action-oriented organization supporting the profession through access to important scientific information and the latest research; networking opportunities with key governmental, academic, and professional contacts; and monitoring of government activities affecting the profession.
- Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association (GAPNA) -
Organization for advanced practice nurses interested in the health care of older adults. Membership, committee and conference information.
- Infusion Nurses Society -
Organization dedicated to advancing the delivery of quality intravenous therapy through stringent standards of practice and professional ethics, and promoting research and education in the intravenous specialty.
- International Association of Forensic Nurses -
IAFN is a non-profit membership organization comprised of forensic nurses working around the world and other professionals who support and compliment the work of forensic nursing. The mission of the IAFN is to provide leadership in forensic nursing practice by developing, promoting, and disseminating information internationally about forensic nursing science.
- Massachusetts Nurses Association -
Advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting the economic and general welfare of nurses in the workplace, and by lobbying the legislature and regulatory agencies on health care issues affecting nurses and the public.
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists -
NACNS, founded in 1995, exists to enhance and promote the unique, high value contribution of the clinical nurse specialist to the health and well-being of individuals, families, groups, and communities, and to promote and advance the practice of nursing.
- National Association of Nurse Massage Therapists -
A member-driven nursing organization founded for the purpose of promoting the practice, education, research, and regulatory interests of its members.
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners -
NAPNAP is a very actively involved association designed to educate, provide opportunities, and promote positive legislative activity for pediatric nurse practitioners. The organization's members include about 70% of the nation's pediatric nurse practitioners. NAPNAP and NSO have partnered in order to further serve and protect nurses.
- National Association for Practical Nurse Education and Services -
Multi-disciplinary organization of individuals, facilities, and schools that advocate the professional practice of practical and vocational nursing.
- National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses -
Promotes education and research related to nursing care of persons with orthopaedic conditions. Contains membership, certification, educational and legislative information.
- National Federation of Licensed Practical Nurses -
NFLPN was founded to provide a structure at the national level through which licensed practical nurses and licensed vocational nurses could promote better patient care and to speak and act on behalf of the occupational group.
- National Federation of Nurses -
National Federation of Nurses is a leading national labor union and collaborative voice for registered nurses. Our work is driven by the priorities of our members-nurses associations and the individual nurses they represent. We take action at the local and national level to improve working conditions for nurses and achieve better patient outcomes.
- National Student Nurses' Association -
A membership organization representing students in ADN, Diploma, Baccalaureate, generic Masters and generic Doctoral programs preparing students for Registered Nurse licensure, as well as RNs in BSN completion programs.
- New York State Nurses Association -
Promotes optimal nursing and healthcare services to residents of New York State.
- NursingCenter -
NursingCenter's vast collection of information from over 30 top nursing journals offers nurses online access to cover-to-cover journal content and other opportunities to gain knowledge, develop professionally, and advance their careers.
- The Nurse Practitioner -
Meets the needs of advanced practice nurses and other primary care clinicians by providing practical, cutting-edge information. Each issue presents peer-reviewed articles that range from clinical topics and research to political and practice issues.
- The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State -
The NPA is the voice of Nurse Practitioners in New York State. We offer our members the tools, resources, and information to advance the NP profession, and an effective and successful advocacy program dedicated to advancing and protecting NPs in all of New York State.
- Oncology Nursing Society -
The Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) is a professional organization of over 35,000 registered nurses and other healthcare providers dedicated to excellence in patient care, education, research, and administration in oncology nursing.
- Oregon Nurses Association -
A professional association and labor union, ONA has stood for the integrity of the nursing profession for over 90 years and continues to represent thousands of registered nurses who are speaking up for improved patient care, better working conditions for all nurses, and quality health care delivery systems.
- RNWeb -
RN serves registered nurses in various specialties, primarily those working in hospital-affiliated facilities. Roughly 80 percent of the editorial matter is clinical.
- Texas Nurse Practitioners -
Texas Nurse Practitioners (TNP) is a membership organization for Nurse Practitioners in Texas. TNP's mission is to promote professional excellence of nurse practitioners, and to support quality healthcare through leadership, education and advocacy. The vision of TNP is to be the premier resource for all nurse practitioners in the State of Texas. TNP and NSO have partnered in order to further serve and protect nurses.
- Washington State Nurses Association -
The collective and leading voice, authority, and advocate for the nursing profession in the State of Washington.
State Boards of Nursing
- Alabama :http://www.abn.state.al.us/
- Alaska :http://www.dced.state.ak.us/occ/pnur.htm
- Arizona :http://www.azbn.gov/
- Arkansas :http://www.state.ar.us/nurse
- California RN:http://www.rn.ca.gov/
- California Vocational Nurses:http://www.bvnpt.ca.gov/
- Colorado :http://www.dora.state.co.us/nursing/
- Connecticut :http://www.state.ct.us/dph/
- District of Columbia :http://www.dhmh.state.md.us/mbn/
- Florida :http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/
- Georgia LPN:http://www.sos.state.ga.us/plb/lpn/
- Georgia RN:http://sos.georgia.gov/plb/lpn/
- Idaho :http://www.state.id.us/ibn/ibnhome.htm
- Illinois :http://www.dpr.state.il.us/
- Indiana :http://www.state.in.us/hpb/boards/isbn/
- Iowa :http://www.state.ia.us/government/nursing/
- Kansas :http://www.ksbn.org
- Kentucky :http://kbn.ky.gov/
- Louisiana RN:http://www.lsbn.state.la.us/
- Maine :http://www.state.me.us/nursingbd/
- Maryland :http://www.mbon.org/main.php
- Massachusetts :http://www.state.ma.us/reg/boards/rn/
- Michigan :http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-27417_27529_27542---,00.html
- Minnesota :http://www.nursingboard.state.mn.us/
- Mississippi :http://www.msbn.state.ms.us/
- Missouri :http://pr.mo.gov/nursing.asp
- Montana :http://mt.gov/dli/nur/
- Nebraska :http://www.hhs.state.ne.us/crl/nursing/nursingindex.htm
- New Hampshire :http://www.state.nh.us/nursing/
- New Jersey :http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/medical/nursing.htm
- New Mexico :http://www.bon.state.nm.us/
- New York :http://www.nysed.gov/prof/nurse.htm
- North Carolina :http://www.ncbon.com/
- North Dakota :http://www.ndbon.org/
- Ohio :http://www.state.oh.us/nur/
- Oklahoma :http://www.ok.gov/nursing/
- Oregon :http://www.osbn.state.or.us/
- Pennsylvania :http://www.dos.state.pa.us/bpoa/nurbd/mainpage.htm
- Rhode Island :http://www.healthri.org/hsr/professions/nurses.htm
- South Carolina :http://www.llr.state.sc.us/pol/nursing
- South Dakota :http://www.state.sd.us/dcr/nursing/
- Tennessee :http://www2.state.tn.us/health/Boards/Nursing/
- Texas RN:http://www.bne.state.tx.us/
- Texas Vocational Nurses:http://www.bvne.state.tx.us/
- Vermont :http://vtprofessionals.org/nurses/
- Virginia :http://www.dhp.state.va.us/
- Washington :http://www.doh.wa.gov/nursing/
- West Virginia LPN:http://www.lpnboard.state.wv.us/
- West Virginia RN:http://www.state.wv.us/nurses/rn/
- Wyoming :http://nursing.state.wy.us/
- Coverage4me -
Your link to Professional Liability Insurance on the web. Coverage for attorneys, accountants, educators, insurance agents, travel agents, and technology professionals.
- Dentists Malpractice Insurance -
Dentist's Advantage offers dentists professional liability insurance, property protection, workers compensation coverage for dentists, continuing education and risk management information.
- Doctors Malpractice Insurance -
Aon Physician Alliance is a national medical malpractice and professional liability insurance provider for physicians and doctors.
- Navigate NursingTM –
The Institute for Nursing Workforce Education and Research is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting and promoting the creation of healthy healthcare work environments. Through its education and research efforts the Institute educates health professionals and consumers about the critical role that healthy work environments play in providing optimal patient care.
- Professional Liability Insurance for Healthcare Providers -
Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO) offers professional liability insurance to counseling professionals, physical therapists, pharmacists, EMTs, dental hygienists, athletic trainers, medical assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners and many other healthcare professionals.
- Professional Liability Insurance for Healthcare Facilities –
Affinity Healthcare, a division of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc., is the solution to managing your business' professional and general liability risks. No other broker has the expertise, size or reputation in the industry to offer you the innovative insurance solutions that Affinity Insurance Services can.
If you have a suggestion for a link to be added to our site, or one of these links is no longer valid, please send us an e-mail to let us know.