NSO's Risk Management Continuing Education Program for Nursing Professionals
NSO is committed to providing the nursing community with the most comprehensive risk education resources available. In addition, NSO, in partnership with Wolters Kluwer Health – Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW) and CNA, the underwriter for the NSO program, is pleased to announce our risk management continuing education program: Focus on Malpractice Prevention.
This risk management continuing education program uses materials based on the most frequent and severe areas of risk facing nursing professionals today. The courses include interactive presentations with case-based questions, customized images, voiceover, and animation to enhance the learning experience. All modules include a post-test and are certified for nursing continuing education credit.
CE accreditation is through the American Nurses Credentialing Center and is applicable to registered nurses, licensed practical and vocational nurses, nursing assistants, and nurse practitioners.
Save 10% on the cost of your NSO professional liability insurance premium
You can receive a 10% non-cumulative risk management credit on your individual professional liability insurance premium for up to three years once you complete 6 contact hours in our online risk management continuing education program, Focus on Malpractice Prevention.
Save on the cost of your CE modules through LWW's Nursing Center.com
Nurses and nurse practitioners who complete the Focus on Malpractice Prevention modules can save up to 50% on the cost of their continuing education modules from LWW. LWW, part of Wolters-Kluwer Health, is a leading international publisher of trusted content for practitioners, professionals, and students who want to learn new skills, stay up-to-date in their practice, and make informed decisions to improve patient care and clinical outcomes. LWW offers the largest collection of continuing education courses available online and is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
How to earn CE credits
- NSO's risk management modules are located here. You must use the links on this page to receive the special 50% discounted CE pricing through LWW (approximate discounted cost is $6.95 per contact hour).
- If you are new to the site, you must register. Completing the registration process allows you to activate your CE Planner, which maintains your certificates and results on file.
- After you have registered, you will find several courses listed on the Focus on Malpractice Prevention page under 'Lippincott Publications'. Each course lists the contact hours to the left of the course title. Select the module you wish to study and follow the online instructions. When you pass the posttest, add the activity to your shopping cart by clicking the + Cart button.
- At checkout, enter this code for your 1 FREE contact hour: NSOFREE17 (click “Apply”).
- When you have completed a total of 6 contact hours, follow the instructions provided on the NSO Risk Management CE Form to send your certificates to NSO as proof that you have completed the course and to qualify for a 10% risk management premium credit on your individual policy.
Questions? Please call NSO at 1-800-247-1500. Or if you need help with LWW's CE modules, please email LWW at firstname.lastname@example.org.