Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:00pm Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 1 hour*
NSO and CNA’s new liability claim report, Nurse Practitioner Professional Liability Exposure Claim Report: 5th Edition, addresses some of nurse practitioners’ most common professional liability concerns, including emerging risks and ways that NPs can protect themselves from liability exposures. Using case studies and claim data, NPs can examine top areas of liability through the experiences of their peers. Most importantly, this session provides NPs with immediately implementable practices that they can use to help prevent or defend against malpractice allegations, while also enhancing patient safety.
- List the leading allegations made against Nurse Practitioners in malpractice lawsuits and State Board of Nursing matters.
- Define the average incurred expense for Nurse Practitioners in malpractice lawsuits and State Board of Nursing matters.
- Identify key risk management tools Nurse Practitioners can incorporate into their practice.
- Lynn Pierce, MSN, RN, APRN, FNP-C, CPHRM, Risk Control Consulting Director, CNA
- Jennifer Flynn, CPHRM, Risk Manager, Nurses Service Organization (NSO)
*This activity is eligible for ANCC credit; see final announcement for specific details.
This activity for 1.0 contact hour is provided by Lippincott Professional Development and jointly provided by Nurses Service Organization.
Lippincott Professional Development (LPD) is accredited as a provider of Nursing Continuing Professional Development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is also provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 11749 for 1.0 contact hours, the District of Columbia, Florida #FBN50-1223, and Georgia Board of Nursing #50-1223.