Ever wonder why nurses are sued for malpractice and what you can do to reduce the risk of a potential lawsuit? Now you can find out. NSO, in collaboration with CNA, has released their 2020 report: Nurse Professional Liability Exposure Claim Report: 4th Edition: Minimizing Risk, Achieving Excellence.
Webinar: Using Malpractice Claims Data to Identify Risks in Nursing Practice
NSO and CNA’s new liability claim report, Nurse Professional Liability Exposure Claim Report: 4th Edition: Minimizing Risk, Achieving Excellence, addresses some of nurses’ most common professional liability concerns, including emerging risks and ways that nurses can protect themselves from liability exposures. Using case studies and claim data, nurses can examine top areas of liability through the experiences of your peers. Most importantly, this report provides you with immediately implementable practices that you can use to help prevent or defend against malpractice allegations, while also enhancing patient safety.
By the end of this webinar, you’ll be able to:
This webinar was recorded on 10/22/20. Continuing education credit is only available for those who attended the live event. Registration is required to listen to the recording
Register and Listen to the Recording
Risk Control Strategy Spotlights:
- List the leading allegations made against Nurses in malpractice lawsuits.
- Define the average incurred expense for Nurses in a malpractice lawsuit.
- Identify key risk management tools Nurses can incorporate into their practice.
Additional nursing resources:
2015 Nurse Professional Liability Exposures
Claim Report Update
- Defending Your Nursing License
- Documentation for Nurses – Coming soon!
- Communication – Coming soon!
- Home Care – Coming soon!
- Depositions – Coming soon!
- Medication Administration – Coming soon!
- Liability for Nurse Managers – Coming soon!
NSO and CNA’s third nurses’ liability report provides access to data for malpractice and license defense claims that occurred between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2014. The 80-page report offers:
2011 Understanding Nurse Liability
A Three-Part Approach
- Professional liability lawsuit claim data and analysis
- Nursing license protection insurance claim data and analysis
- Legal case studies
- A self-assessment checklist
- Risk management recommendations
- Selected highlights from NSO nurse work profile survey
This three-part report covers professional liability claims, licensing protection claims and selected samples from the NSO 2011 Qualitative Nurse Work Profile Survey. Highlights of the report include:
- Professional Liability Claims: Provides statistical data on nurse malpractice claims that closed between January 1, 2006 and December 31, 2010.
- License Protection Claims: Includes details and analysis on 1,127 licensing actions filed with State Boards of Nursing during the 5-year study period.
- Nurse Work Profile Survey: Addresses issues not contained in claim study data, such as the impact of having a mentor and the relationship between C.E. and average paid claim amounts.